For my How to Write an Ebook series I thought I would compile a list of creative (as well as tried-and-true) marketing ideas. But really, these tips can be used to spread the word about almost anything.
So far, I've collected almost 40 ideas. But because in my enthusiasm I have a tendency to overwhelm, I thought I'd present them a little at a time. I'll sprinkle in some you'll be familiar with as well as some that might be new. Some will be for the new blogger and some for the seasoned blogger. I've tried to direct you to helpful resources for each. Pick the one(s) that strike you and leave the rest (or bookmark?).
Here's the first batch. I hope they spark some great ideas!
- Take part in blog carnivals. Avoid this blog carnival mistake.
- Use StumbleUpon. Here's a great guide to StumbleUpon.
- Vlog. That is, put a video on your blog! Check out Simple Vlogging Tips. You gotta love Jendi! (Here's her, behind the vlogging scenes.)
- Comment on other blogs (of course). This is an easy way to get your face/brand in front of people and to "be everywhere" — a great strategy for establishing yourself as a pillar in a niche. Don't forget this simple commenting technique. And don't forget a gravatar!
- Create an iPhone app. Mobile is exploding, so consider getting in now! Not sure where to start? Try this ebook iPhone App Entrepreneur (flink). I bought it and am slowly making my way through. So many possiblities, so little time!
Note that most of these tips are not intended for pushy sales but simply a way of getting your name (or your product's name) out there and recognizable. When it comes to marketing, building relationships, being helpful and establishing trust are key. As Aesop says, "Slow and steady wins the race!"