If you've read my blog for any length of time, you probably know my stance on SEO: I pay attention to SEO and incorporate SEO-boosting tasks into my blogging, but I don't spend gobs of time or money making sure I dot every SEO i and cross every SEO t. But now I found an SEO plugin that helps!
Here are some of the SEO posts I've written already if you need to catch up:
- How to Use Anchor Text to Boost SEO
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Why Does It Matter?
- One Excellent SEO Gimme
- Do You Start Your Posts Well?
- What Could Be Better Than SEO? This.
- SEO Tool: Free, Printable Beginner's Guide to SEO
- The Difference Between Categories and Tags
- How to Submit Your Site to Google
- How to Maximize Your Sitemap
Found: The WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
I recently installed the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast and it is lovely. It's lovely because it gives you immediate feedback regarding your SEO. That's so much nicer than just hoping your SEO is good, right?
Check it out below. The sounds is a bit loud (sorry about that!) so you might want to turn down the volume a bit.
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
- To install the plugin, go to Dashboard –> Plugins –> Add New –> search for WordPress SEO. Click Install and then Activate the plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, configure your settings from your Dashboard –> SEO (down at the bottom of the left column).
- After writing your post in your post editing window, you'll get a box ("WordPress SEO by Yoast") underneath your text where all the fun happens. See all the features of the plugin here.
- I wrote about the TentBlogger plugin which allows you to insert information at the end of your feed, but if want to eliminate a plugin, you can do the very same thing with this plugin by Yoast. Configure what goes into your feed by going to Dashboard –> SEO –> RSS.