For me, my affiliates have helped me sell thousands of ebooks and it's important to me to make sure they get paid, and on time.
In my case, Mass Payments have saved me untold amounts of time since it allows me to pay all my affiliates at once. It literally takes me only a few minutes to complete the process each month.
But I've heard from a few of you who've said you haven't been able to use Mass Payments and have to pay each of your affiliates individually.
Since there seems to have been some changes in the program since my post, I contacted PayPal and asked about this directly. I imagine some of you did too, but I thought I would post what I learned here just in case it's helpful to anyone else (I'll also edit the other post with this link as well).
Me: Is the Mass Payment feature gone [for new users]? If not, what are the fees associated with it?
Brittany (from PayPal Merchant Solutions): The mass payment feature is not gone, but it is now something that you need to qualify for.
Me: Can you tell me what the qualifications are?
Brittany: It is ultimately the supervisors decision for enablement of the product but the account needs to meet all of the [following] criteria.
- The user either needs to have a Premier or Business account.
- The account needs to be in good standing (no limitations or restrictions).
- Their withdraw limit has to be lifted.
- The person that contacts us has to be the primary account holder.
In order for the user to find out if they qualify for enabling mass payments on their account they will need to contact us directly.
To contact us by phone:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Contact Us at the bottom of any PayPal page.
- Click "Call us" to see the One-Time Passcode (6 digits).
Call 888-221-1161 during these hours:
- 4:00 AM PT to 10:00 PM PT, Monday–Friday
- 6:00 AM PT to 8:00 PM PT, Saturday and Sunday
There is no monthly fee for having mass payments enabled on your account.
The sender of a Mass Payment is charged a fee of 2% of each individual payment within the Mass Payment. The fee is capped at USD 1 (CAD 1.20) per individual payment.
International Mass Payments have a cap of USD 20 (CAD 24).
- The balance that is in the PayPal account must cover the fees as well as the total amount of the Mass Payment
- The Fee is assessed at the time of the Mass Payment
- No fee is charged to the recipient.
I hope that helps some of you!
If you can manage to get approved, I think you'll find it to be very worthwhile. It's definitely worth a try!