So have you noticed the new Timeline for your personal Profile on Facebook yet? If not, it's only a matter of time before it's rolled out across the board.
Tip: Make sure your personal Profile is linked to your Page!
This is a great opportunity to spread the word about your Facebook Page among your Facebook Friends (on your personal Profile). I'm always surprised when I see bloggers neglecting this easy way to cross-promote.
At the top of your Profile, there is an About section. For example, here's what you'd find on my personal Profile:
Notice how there's a link there to my Facebook page.
How to link your Facebook personal Profile to your Facebook Page:
1. Login to Facebook.
2. Click on your name in the top right corner of your screen to get to your Timeline.
3. Find your About section in the left column under your profile picture.
4. Hover over it until you see the pencil icon in the top right corner of the box. Click. Then click the "Update Info" link that appears.
4. On the next page, click the "Edit" button in the top right of the Work & Education section.
5. Under Work & Education, add a job. Type in your Facebook Fan Page name into the "Where have you worked?" field. It should pull up your page in a dropdown menu as you type it in. Select it.
6. I put "I spend most of my" in the "Postion" field just to make it a little more interesting, although I'm still playing around with this. (Note that when you save your changes, "at" will be automatically inserted before your Page name.)
7. Click the "I currently work here" box.
8. Save your changes.
Now, if anyone visits my Profile and clicks on the "Amy Lynn Andrews" link from the Timeline, they'll be taken directly to my Page.
Many people have something in there that's rather generic ("self-employed" etc.) and if clicked, it takes the user to a bland page.
Go check your own to (a) see if you have something there for work and (b) see where people are being taken if they follow that link.
While you're there, how about a Like on my Page. I'd love it if you followed!