This series comes from my experience selling my own ebook, Tell Your Time.
Already written in the series: How to Write an Ebook: The Guide, Why It’s a Good Idea, Choose a Sellable Topic, Preparing to Write, Writing Tips from a Non-Writer, Editing and Naming, Formatting, Setting Up Accounts and Pricing (see the full list here).
So the ebook is done and now you want to sell it. You'll need a way to distribute your digital product in a way that's easy for you and for those buying it. I highly recommend you use a service which automates the process as much as possible. There are paid-for plugins that accomplish this. Personally, I use E-junkie for a few reasons:
- It's reasonably priced. There's a $5 monthly service fee for up to 10 digital products (the price increases if you sell more digital products with them).
- It's easy. Set up is simple as you'll see in the video below. And once you're set up, paying affiliates and ongoing maintenance is easy as well.
- It's familiar. Lots of ebooks are sold via E-junkie so it's a service that many buyers already know and many affiliates already use.
- It's reliable (as much as anything can be online). Blog for any length of time and you'll find out that 100% uptime is not really true. Sites crash and online companies disappear but there's a certain amount of confidence I'm willing to put in a company who is also handling the accounts of huge bloggers like ProBlogger and the like.
How to put your product on E-junkie
Here's a video that walks you through the process:
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
- Login (or register) to your e-junkie account.
- Make sure the "Seller" tab is selected and go to your "Seller Admin" page.
- Set your seller account preferences in the right column, such as "Edit Profile" etc.
- Make sure you set your Sales Tax info if needed. (See if sales tax is required in your state here.)
- To upload your product, click "Add Product".
- Name your file, select the appropriate check boxes, edit your emails (optional), click "Submit".
- Upload your file using the "Upload Product File" button.
- Copy and paste the code into a post, a page or a Text Widget in your sidebar.
- Congratulations, you're ready to sell!
Read the next post in this series: How to Write an Ebook: Creating a Sales Page (or Site).
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
Other posts in this series
- How to Write an Ebook
- How to Write an Ebook: Why It's a Good Idea
- How to Write an Ebook: Choose a Sellable Topic
- How to Write an Ebook: Preparing to Write
- How to Write an Ebook: Writing Tips from a Non-Writer
- How to Write an Ebook: Editing and Naming
- How to Write an Ebook: Formatting
- How to Write an Ebook: Setting Up Accounts
- How to Write an Ebook: Pricing
- How to Write an Ebook: Distribution
- How to Write an Ebook: Creating a Sales Page (or Site)
- How to Write an Ebook: Preparing for Affiliates
- How to Write an Ebook: Taking care of your affiliates
- How to Write an Ebook: Paying your affiliates
- How to Make Your Ebook Available on Kindle & Nook