I'm committed to getting ahead on my posts and scheduling them to publish automatically. I want to eliminate the panicky feeling I get when I'm trying to write, edit and publish all in the same day. And after the great convo on Facebook the other day (I'm having fun on FB. You gotta join us if you haven't already!), I was inspired by those of you who are super organized in this area.
And then Sarah asked about the particulars of scheduling posts, so I thought I'd throw this little tutorial together.
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
- Write your post as usual.
- Instead of hitting the "Publish" button, click the "Edit" link directly above it (in the Publish box) next to the words "Publish immediately."
- When you click that "Edit" link, you will be able to change the date and time. Click "OK."
- Click the "Schedule" button (which was previously the blue "Publish" button).
- Done! Now your post will automatically publish at the time you set.
- Make sure you change the date and time, click "OK" AND ALSO click the "Schedule" button. Setting the date and time is not enough. You must also make sure you click the "Schedule" button.
- Also, make sure your timezone is set correctly by going to Settings –> General –> Timezone.