I just wrote about the handy tool called ClickToTweet.com. Well, here's another something.
Twitter is rolling out a new design and one of the cool new features is the ability to embed a tweet directly into a blog post. This allows readers to follow, favorite, retweet, reply, or otherwise access Twitter directly from your blog. Cool!
Here's an example of one of my own tweets (this tweet is live so hover over the links/follow button to see what I mean):
“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~Ascribed to Peter T. McIntyre
— Amy Lynn Andrews (@AmyLynnAndrews) February 14, 2012
Here's how to embed a tweet
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
- Login to Twitter.
- Hover over the tweet you want to embed.
- Click "Open" in the top right corner.
- Click "Details" to the right of the timestamp.
- On the next page, click "Embed this Tweet."
- You can change the alignment of the tweet if you want it to be aligned in a particular way in your post.
- Copy the HTML code.
- Paste the HTML code into your blog post under the HTML tab.
Ways you can use embedded tweets
- Add useful content to your posts just like you might add a video. Make it a multi-social-media experience.
- Highlight a fun quote or something funny someone said.
- Use tweets as "proof" or examples of information to enhance your post.
- Pick out key tweets during a twitter party and embed them as part of your roundup post.
- If someone said something nice about you or your product on Twitter, embed their tweet. Not only is it a testimonial for you, it's also spreading the love for them (encourage readers to follow them!).
And as for your own tweets, make them worthy of embedding!
Have any more ideas for ways you could use this?