A Facebook Like Box in your sidebar is an excellent way to alert your readers to your Facebook page and let them "Like" it right from your blog.
Facebook makes it easy to grab the code for your Like Box, however, if you need to change the width of the box at all, sometimes faces get cut off like this:
So, in this video tutorial, I'll show you how to configure, install and then tweak the size of your Like Box so it fits into your sidebar nicely and cleanly.
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
- Here's the Like Box. (Find all of the plugins you can use for your Facebook page here.)
- Enter your Facebook page URL.
- Choose the width of the box. This will be determined by your sidebar width. Here's how you can see behind any website.
- Choose a color scheme and whether or not to show faces (why not?), your stream or the header.
- You can also define a border color using any hexidecimal color code. I used light gray indicated by #cccccc (must begin with a # sign). If you don't want a border, choose #ffffff (white) or the color of your background.
- Click the "Get Code" button and copy it.
- In your Dashboard, drag a text widget into your sidebar (How to Use WordPress Widgets).
- Paste your code in to your text widget.
If you need to adjust the height of your Like Box, enter the following piece of code after the data-height property.
To show one row of faces, use this:
To show two rows of faces, use this:
Of course, you can tweak the numbers to get it just as you'd like.
That's it! You just installed a Like Box. Easy Peasy. Have you Liked my page?