Two things have been disturbing me lately:
- All the very good questions I get in my email from readers that I don't have time to answer in posts.
- The comment a blogging friend made to me recently when we met for coffee. She said something like this: "You know, when I first saw your blog, I thought you were all business. I'm so glad we met in real life because you are nothing like I thought you were!" She meant it as a compliment and I took it that way. (Actually, I think what she meant to say was, "Oh my goodness, you are hilarious and my life will never be the same." Well maybe she didn't, but I enjoy living in denial. Apparently this photo is not enough to make me seem non-stuffy:)
Anyway, I think something needs to be done about these two things.
So naturally, I have an idea.
(Famous last words.)
On the docket…
I'm going to be digging into all those saved emails overflowing with questions from you all and I'll be answering some of them live!
See? Questions will be answered and any lingering thoughts that I'm boring and stuffy will evaporate. (A girl can hope, you know.)
Will you join me?
Naturally, I have no idea how this will go, but here's the plan…
Mark your calendars…
Not available then? No worries! It'll all be automagically recorded and you can watch it at your convenience. I'll fill you in on all the details about that later.
Bonus tip (I love tips): For my non-North American readers, if you're not sure what day/time June 6, 11:00 am – 11:30 am Eastern is for you, go to the Time Zone Converter. Enter June 6, 2013, 11am, New York time. Then select your location and click "Convert time" like so:
Do you know what this means?
It means we will be killing many birds with one stone and you have no idea how happy that makes me. Things we will accomplish:
- Questions will be answered. I'll try to pick the most common ones so hopefully many of you can glean some useful info. (I won't be able to answer them all, but if you have a question yourself, feel free to email me. I'm happy to give you a shout-out and mention your site, so say something like, "Feel free to share my site!" in your email if you'd like.)
- This is a very gentle and fun way to get familiar with Google+ (because I have a secret wish you would all ditch Facebook and move to Google+ because it's better, but we won't talk about that now. One step at a time, Aim, one step at a time.)
- I'll release some guilt for all those emails piling up.
- I won't have to write a post. YAY! I am so much better at talking. Except I repeat myself too much. I'm going to try to curb that habit. The repeating myself bit. Because it's an annoying habit. Even to me. So annoying.)
- You'll see how not boring and stuffy I am. Hopefully.
- You'll get to see if a Google+ Hangout on Air is something you might like to do yourself!
- I'm sure there are other things we will accomplish, but I haven't figured them out yet.
How can you join me?
Well, there will be more info as we get closer to June 6 so stay tuned.
Speaking of which…
The first issue is going out this weekend (Sunday to be exact) and in it, I'll be sharing even more tips. In this issue, I'll be revealing the site I've purposefully and selfishly kept secret from you for months, the most comprehensive book and ebook marketing tool I've seen to date and more (like links to Hangouts maybe). Of course, if you sign up and hate it, you can unsubscribe and we'll part as friends. Sign up here.
And join me next Thursday! (Well, watch me talk anyway. I'll try to be entertaining.)
Am I forgetting any crucial details? I feel like I'm forgetting crucial details.