Designers I have worked with personally:
- Joy from Five J's Design – Joy is a whiz at making your blog work. Her knowledge about the back end of blogs is impressive. Her design queue is typically full, but she is usually open to projects that are not full blog designs.
- Sarah from SM Design – Sarah is an old friend and has created a lot of my graphics, including my book cover. She's amazing.
Both Joy and Sarah have a lot of experience outside the "mommy blog" niche.
Designers I have not worked with personally, but have heard very positive things about from other bloggers:
Darcy from Graphically Designing– I know Darcy in real life and she is very talented and has been at this a long time. Update: Darcy is no longer designing.
- Jennifer & Jason Bruce at New Season Design – Jennifer was mentored by Joy (Five J's Design mentioned above).
- Erin from Design by Insight – I really like Erin's designs which are clean and classy.
- Jeni from The Blog Maven - Jeni designs and does Blogger to WordPress transfers.
- Shannon from EightCrazy Designs – She is very creative and comes up with fun designs.
- Genesis Developers – You can't go wrong with any of these designers if you use Genesis.
Designers I don't know anything about other than I really like their portfolios:
- Designer Blogs – There is a group of designers here that produce some really lovely designs.
Other ways to find designers:
- The Blog Designer Network – This is a gigantic list of designers. The level of experience varies, but browsing through some portfolios will give you a good idea of what you'll get.
- Word of Mouth – By far, the best way to find a designer is by word of mouth. Don't forget to ask on Twitter, Facebook or even your own blog for suggestions.
Have you worked with a designer you would recommend (other than yourself)? Leave their name and a link to their site in the comments!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.