So have you noticed the new Timeline for your personal Profile on Facebook yet? If not, it's only a matter of time before it's rolled out across the board. Tip: Make sure your personal Profile is linked to your Page! This is a great opportunity to spread the word about your Facebook Page among your… Read more…
Marketing & Traffic
Marketing, promoting, branding—all are helpful in spreading the word about your blog or website. The goal, of course, is that all your efforts will eventually lead to more traffic.
Branding is how you present yourself to the world. It's what others associate with you or your site. It includes everything from a logo or your site design, to how you present yourself to others when chatting in forums. Karen E. Kline says branding is your product's "personality." I would say that's a good way to describe it.
- Your Personal Brand: 4 Things
- 5 Simple Ways to Start Building Your Platform Today
- How to Get Your Photo to Show Up with Your Comments & Other Places Online
- How to Make a Blog Button
- How to Get a Vanity URL for Your Facebook Page
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, involves making your site very attractive to the search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.). Why would you want to do this? Because then (ideally) your site will appear higher in the search results. Why is this a good thing?
For example, if someone wants to know how to start their own blog or website, they might type "how to start a blog" in Google. It would be awesome if BloggingWithAmy.com showed up first on the list of search results, right? I'd get more traffic that way. Well, there are a things I can do to optimize my site for the search engines. Here are a few of those things:
- One Excellent SEO Gimme
- The Difference Between Categories and Tags
- How to Use Anchor Text to Boost SEO
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Why Does It Matter?
- How to Submit Your Site to Google
- How to Maximize Your Sitemap
Other Traffic Posts
- A Simple, Effective Commenting Technique
- 7 Tips to Increasing Traffic Through Commenting
- Are You Overlooking this Easy Way to Increase Your Site's Stickiness?
- Drive More Traffic to Your Site from YouTube: An Easy Tip
- One Great Way to Get More Subscribers
- One Small Setting that has Made a Big Difference
- A High-Traffic Alternative to Guest Posting (or Guest Blogging)
Here are all my Marketing & Traffic posts...
It's probably happened to you. You find yourself in a conversation with someone (it might be a parent at the park, a colleague in the office, a new friend at a conference or your non-techy father-in-law) and you mention you have a blog. Assuming you've already tackled the "What's a blog?" question, you'll get the inevitable… Read more…