I know a lot of you appreciate real help from real bloggers. Me too! So many bloggers are so gracious in sharing their experience and their expertise.
I thought I'd share this recorded Google+ Hangout in which DIY bloggers Beckie (Infarrantly Creative, Knock Off Decor and Roadkill Rescue) and Brooke (All Things Thrifty) join Court (PostRunner) to answer some questions from Beth (Sawdust & Embryos).
Here are Beth's questions (and the time in the video where she asks them):
- How do I network with blogs similar in size with mine and how do I find them? (2:16)
- How do I get my blog on blogrolls? (19:00)
- What are the top 3 ways to get my blog noticed in a search engine? (25:40)
- Is Google just looking at the content of your posts or does it notice when I post on Facebook? (37:20)
- Can you summarize what AdWords means, explain the concept and how to use them effectively? (39:00)
And a few more questions at the end from people watching the Hangout:
- Can I change a permalink? (54:00)
- What's the difference between keywords and AdWords? (55:10)
Can't see the video? Watch it here.
So much of their discussion was helpful. My favorite part was Question #5 in which Court does a screenshare of working with the very popular-among-bloggers Google AdWords Keyword Tool.
The term "keyword" gets thrown around quite a bit in the blogging world (as I have done in How to Create Links: Use Anchor Text to Boost SEO, What is Search Engine Optimization and Why Does it Matter? and Blogging DO: Use keywords in your content). Court gives a nice overview of how it works and how you can use it to find good keywords for your blog.
You can join the next Better Blogging with Beckie, Brooke and Court Hangout on Thursday, December 13 from 8:00 to 9:00 pm (CST).